About this course
Psychology is the scientific study of the relationship between mind and behaviour. It asks why people, in general, behave as they do and why some people behave in unexpected or atypical ways. Findings from psychological studies help us to enhance people’s everyday experiences and improve lives.
Psychologists employ a wide range of research skills such as observations, surveys and experiments. This Bachelor’s degree aims to introduce you to these scientific methods and the critical evaluations that go into answering important questions from a psychological perspective.
The psychology component of the programme (70%) covers the discipline’s main areas, namely social psychology, developmental psychology, cognitive psychology, biological psychology, individual differences and research methods, and emphasises their application to various employment-related contexts. The management component of the programme (30%) introduces a range of topics that are relevant to psychology such as consumer behaviour, marketing, human resource management and project management.
This programme is accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). In accordance with our normal practice, our professionally orientated programmes are designed to meet the educational requirements for membership of relevant professional institutions. In addition to recognition within Malaysia, we seek accreditation by the relevant UK or international professional bodies in accordance with their standard procedures.
Total Course Fees
Annual Tuition Fee
For scholarship enquiries please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Cognitive Psychology 1
- Human Development and Intelligence
- Research Methods and Analysis 3
- Research Methods and Analysis 4
- Cognitive Psychology 2
- Social Psychology
- Philosophy and History of Psychology
- Human Resource Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Research Method and Analysis 5
- Research Method and Analysis 6
- Intelligence at Work
- Social Cognition and Personality
- Industrial Training
- Business Venturing
- Resourcing and Talent Management
- Innovation Management
- Critical Approaches to Management
- Research Project
- Psychology of Education
- Advanced Social Psychology
- Changing Trends in Employment
- The Contemporary Workforce
- Industrial and Organisational Psychology
- Cognition and Emotion
- Psychology and Mental Health
Entry RequirementsApplicants must have one of the following Entry requirements:
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Foundation in Science or Foundation in Business: CCCC
- A-Level/STPM: CCC*
- SAM: ATAR 70
- CPU: 70%
- UEC: 3A 2B
- SMA 3 (Indonesia): 7.5
- IB Diploma: 25 points
- Diploma recognised by the Malaysian Government, acceptable to the University.
- or any other relevant qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government.
- *with minimum C in Science and Maths at SPM/O-Level or equivalent
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, then evidence of proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 is required.
If you do not have IELTS 6.0, we offer a Pre-Sessional English Programme (PSEP) prior to commencing your studies.