Duration:4 years & 7 months (Open Distance Learning - ODL), 3 years (On Campus Learning - OCL)
Intakes:Jan, May & Sept
Campus:Wawasan Open University, Penang
Level of Study:Degree
Faculty:Business and Administration
About this course
This programme is designed to cater to the increasing opportunities and challenges in logistics and supply chain management of modern businesses. The programme focuses on elements of procurement, inventory, logistics management, as well as in-bound and out-bound supply chain. It also focuses on the operational and strategic issues in global supply chain management.
Programme Learning Outcomes
Acquire knowledge in business-related fundamentals in the field of logistics and supply chain.
Demonstrate comprehensive expertise within an organisation in the field of logistics and supply chain.
Provide creative, innovative and effective solution to problems related to logistics and supply chain management.
Communicate effectively in written and spoken forms to other professionals and the community.
Function effectively as individuals or in teams for improvement in logistics and supply chain management.
- Perform tasks professionally, ethically and with humane responsibility, in line with business code of conduct.
- Recognise the need for and to engage in life-long learning and professional development in the logistics and supply chain management.
- Be self motivated and able to apply entrepreneurship skills to serve the organisation.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and responsibility to contribute towards the improvement of relationship among business partners.
The following are examples of career possibilities that students can expect upon graduation.
Positions in manufacturing and services companies, multinational distribution centres, trading companies, courier service companies, forwarder / shipping / airlines companies, logistics service providers, port authorities, armed forces and transportation agencies.
Total Course Fees
Estimated RM29,280– RM68,000
For more information on scholarship, please e-mail email@example.com for more details or call Toll Free Careline at 1300-888-968.
- Workplace Communication Skills
- Writing Skills for University Studies
- Principles and Practice of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Statistics
- Business Law
- Basic Accounting
- Accounting and Costing
- Human Resource Management
- Business Ethics
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Introduction to Financial Management
- Strategic Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Introduction to International Business
- Operations Management
- Management Information Systems
- Introduction Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Logistics Management
- Supply Management
- Procurement Management
- Freight Transport Management
- Warehouse Management
- Inventory Management
- Organisational Theory and Design
- Organisational Management
- Research Method
- Business Project
- Strategic Human Resource Management, OR
- Managing International Business, OR
- Inventory Management, OR
- Supply Chain Management, OR
- Services Marketing, OR
- Sales and Distribution Management, OR
- Taxation in Malaysia, OR
- Cost and Management Accouting
** Choose any 4 courses
- Hubungan Etnik (for Malaysian Students) OR Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (for foreign students)
- Tamadun Islam or Tamadun Asia (for Malaysian Students) OR Malaysian Studies 3 (for foreign students)
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A (for students without SPM credit in BM) OR Decision Making Skills (for students with SPM Crediet in BM and foreign students)
- Comparative Religions OR Family and Society OR Human Rights
Entry RequirementsApplicants must have one of the following Entry requirements:
Candidates with the following criteria will be eligible to be considered for admission into the undergraduate programme:
(1) Regular Entry Candidates must fulfil one of the following criteria:
With a pass in English and Mathematics at SPM / UEC Senior Middle III and
Grade C (SGP 2.0) in at least two (2) subjects / two (2) Principals in STPM / HSC / A-Level
Five (5) Grade Bs in UEC Senior Middle III
Other eligible qualifications
An approved / accredited Diploma / Advanced Diploma
An approved Foundation / Matriculation (minimum CGPA 2.00 out of 4.00) qualification from other private and public universities in Malaysia
Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government
(2) Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) provides an opportunity for individuals with working experience but lack of formal academic qualifications to pursue their tertiary studies. APEL involves the identification, documentation and assessment of prior experiential learning to determine the extent to which an individual has achieved the desired learning outcomes, for access to a programme of study.
Applicants should comply with the following admission criteria stipulated by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA):
The candidate should be at least 21 years of age in the year of application and possess relevant work experience.
International Student Only
Please contact Wawasan Open University for more information