About this course
Bachelor of Information Technology (Information Systems) (Hons) programme is specifically designed to equip students with Information Systems (IS) specific knowledge and skills in addition to general computing as well as business fundamentals in various economic sectors. Ideally, the strength of an IS student lies in their ability to apply the knowledge gained to aid organizations successfully for competitive business advantages.
Students are exposed to various projects and case studies that are aligned with industry best practices to further develop their understanding on the latest technology insights. Additionally, this programme is targeted at students who want to design and implement effective business solutions to meet organizational and management needs for information and decision support system.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Information Technology (Information Systems) (Hons) programme are ideally positioned to take a leading role in shaping the information-based future. Students completing the programme will become proficient in the design and development of business solutions which is vital in preparing them for the workforce.
120 credit hours of subjects are being taught in nine semesters. This Bachelor of Information Technology (Information Systems) (Hons) programme can be completed in 3 years.
Total Course Fees
Registration: RM1,348 + Resource Fee: RM780 (twice a year)
Tuition Fee: RM19,340 / year (local)
For scholarship enquiries, please proceed to https://www.uniten.edu.my/
- This programme can be completed in Full Time: 3 years.
- Islamic/ Moral & Civil Society I
- Fundamentals of Information Systems
- Structured Programming using C
- Multimedia Technologies
- Business English
- Principles of Management & Organizational Behaviour
- Introduction to Object Oriented Programming using JAVA
- System Analysis & Design
- Statistics for Computing
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia
- Islamic/ Moral & Civil Society II
- Ethnic Relation
- Discrete Structures
- Web Programming
- Database 1
- Computer Systems
- Human Computer Interaction
- Business Programming
- Database 2
- Data Communication & Computer Network
- Energy Computing
- IS Project Management
- Industrial Training
- Business Intelligence
- Project 1
- Introduction to Knowledge Management
- Technology Entrepreneurship
- Project 2
- Strategic Information System Planning
- Information System Auditing
- IT Communication
- Ethics & IT Professional Practices
- Personal Finance Management
- IT & Business Process Reengineering
Technical Elective Courses
- Digital Business
- Social Media Analytics
- UX Design
- Mobile Application Development
- Data Visualization Programming
- Introduction to Data Engineering
- Text Analytics
- Data Governance and Management
Students from other institutions may apply for transfer credits. A maximum up to 60 credits can be transferred, subject to eligibility of the applicant. Please do not hesitate to contact the following staff should you have any query pertaining to credit transfer.
Transfer Credit Committee for Information Systems programme:
Mr Lim Fung Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry RequirementsApplicants must have one of the following Entry requirements:
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)
Pass STPM with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and at least Grade C for Mathematics and any 1 relevant Science Physical and Pass English in SPM Level.
Pass A-Level with credit in Mathematics and 1 Science Physical subject.
Physical / Technical Stream. Min CGPA 2.00.
Foundation from other institution with minimum CGPA 2.00.
Pass Diploma in related field with minimum CGPA 2.00.
- UEC (Unified Examination Certificate)
Pass UEC with a minimum of grade B in 5 subjects including Advance Mathematics and Science Physical subjects.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB)
Pass IB with total points at 24 in 6 subjects including Maths and 1 Physical Science subject.
- HND(UK) Diploma
Pass HND in related field with minimum CGPA 2.00.
Pass with average marks of 55% with Maths and any Physical Science.
Other equivalent qualifications recognised by Government of Malaysia.
Malaysian students may enrol without MUET. However, students are required to complete MUET during duration of study (before graduation). IELTS (5.0 and above) or TOEFL (500 and above) or TOEFL Internet Based Test (42 and above) is also accepted.
- MUET – Malaysia University English Test
Achieve Band 1 and above
International Student Only
International students are required to have one of the English proficiency score stated below to enrol in UNITEN. Bachelor students who do not fulfill this English requirement are required to sit for the Intensive English Programme (IEP) and pass the requirement below before starting their Bachelor programme.
- MUET – Malaysia University English Test
Achieve Band 3 and above
- IELTS – International English Language Testing System
Achieve 5.0 and above
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
Achieve 500 (TOEFL) or 42 (TOEFL Internet Based Test) and above
For International Students: Refer Entry Requirements – International.Tuition fees and other fees may wary from local fees.