Quest International UniversityCity Campus, No.227, Plaza Teh Teng Seng (Level 2), Jalan Raja Permaisuri Bainun 30250 Ipoh, Perak
Faculty of Medicine, No.122A, Jalan Hj. Eusoff, Housing Trust, 30250 Ipoh, Perak
Knowledge, the eternal Quest…
“We believe that planting the seeds of curiosity in students from the outset will inspire them to make knowledge-seeking their quest in life.”
When Quest International University (QIU) was launched in 2011, we had a goal in mind of being more than a degree mill.
Any university can provide its graduates with a degree and an education. But we’re here to produce graduates who change the game. Innovators who leave a legacy in their creations. Leaders who push for positive change. And above all, to produce good people—caring, responsible, respectable individuals who care for their fellow man and the world around them. They are the QIU legacy.
We have made our home in the beautiful state of Perak. Click here to see how we teach, our programmes and our facilities. Or just chat with us.
The University aspires to be a model research-led private university with global strategic linkages oriented to deliver quality programmes and interdisciplinary research of international standing.
- To offer cutting-edge, market-driven undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the Medical and Allied Health Sciences, Pure and Applied Sciences, Engineering, Computer Technology, Business and Management, and Social Sciences fields that impact the local and global knowledge-economy.
- To promote research and innovation in frontier disciplinary and interdisciplinary areas of study in its various programmes with collaborative links to premier universities and centres of excellence.
- To promote student-centred learning and impart holistic education through extracurricular activities and soft skills training, including clinical/industrial exposure and technopreneurship training.
- To be an outward-looking university that works closely with all segments of community and industry and thereby serve as a geographical focal point for socio-economic development of the State.
Quest International University, Ipoh, PerakLanguage and Social StudiesCoursesOffers
TBCOctober 30, 2020
Quest International University, Ipoh, PerakMedicine & Allied Health ScienceCoursesOffers
RM315,000October 21, 2020
Quest International University, Ipoh, PerakAccounting and FinanceCoursesOffers
Professional CertificateOctober 20, 2020
Visit on site for a better judgement
Campus tours are a great way to decide if this institution is the right fit for you. You’ll be able to explore the facilities up close and ask any burning questions about the institution. Let Education Malaysia help you schedule a campus tour and our partner representatives will be there to meet you
As the largest faculty in QIU, the Faculty of Business and Management offers students a diverse choice of programmes. The Faculty provides an array of different educational platforms that incorporate learning inside and outside of the classroom. We work closely with our industrial partners, giving our students the chance to hear from the real-world experts and to hone their skills in real business settings. Experiential learning and industry engagement are thus central to our learning and teaching efforts. We strive to equip students with managerial, entrepreneurial, leadership, teamwork, information management and problem-solving skills. Our goal is to nurture in our graduates the ability to think critically and to excel in a business environment.
At the Faculty of Business and Management, our educational philosophy is underpinned by five pillars – Experts, Experiential Learning, Engagement, Enrichment and Excellence
Science and Technology are key drivers of socio-economic development. Products stemming from Science and Technology are transforming all sectors across the economy, affecting everyday lives that have access to these advancements.
Scientific knowledge is integral to develop new technologies every day and industrial problems and help society make informed choices. Not only are the basic sciences and the latest technological advancements part of the student’s curriculum; but they are also given an insight on ethics and regulatory laws that govern scientific and technological advancement, giving them a holistic and comprehensive education and making them responsible citizens of the world.
Scientific research brings about national and universal integration of all living things. We at the Faculty of Science and Technology are dedicated and committed to bringing the latest in science to the student community, ensuring active learning and teaching skills that can earn them recognition in their scientific careers.
The Faculty of Science and Technology (FST) comprises of five schools namely the School of Computing, School of Engineering, School of Biological Sciences, School of Mathematics and Basic Sciences and the School of Postgraduate Studies, Research and Internationalisation. The Faculty provides excellent teaching facilities, well-equipped laboratories and qualified, dedicated and a diverse academic staff. We collaborate with industry leaders as well as leading researchers and academics in universities worldwide. Apart from organisations in Malaysia, links have already been forged with experts in UK, India, China and Europe. The Faculty of Science aspires to be the top choice of students for value-added education that prepares graduates in confronting challenges of the future. Elements in the curriculum adopted by the Faculty train students in analytical and creative thinking, confident presentation skills as well as innovative problem-solving techniques that ensures FST graduates remain relevant and always sought-after by employers.
- To generate & conduct world-class, market-driven programmes for undergraduate and postgraduate students through dedicated academia in the fields of modern biotechnology, engineering, computer technology, chemical and physical sciences.
- To promote and execute cutting-edge fundamental and translational research that stimulates innovation in priority areas of industry, ICT, engineering, agriculture, healthcare and manufacturing through inter-disciplinary approaches.
- To forge and nurture strategic local and international partnerships and collaborative linkages to attain international recognition for a global responsibility and commitment to R&D as well as commercialisation and entrepreneurship.
- To engage responsibly and innovatively with the community and society at large in building a caring and ethically sound next generation human capital
- To empower, motivate and facilitate FST graduates and staff to utilise their full potential to benefit the nation as responsible and committed alumni/global citizens.
QIU’s Faculty of Medicine opened our doors to our first batch of students in July 2012 – after developing a modern curriculum; constructing state-of-the-art laboratories and infrastructure; engaging experienced staff members and successfully going through the tough scrutiny of the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC) and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programme at QIU follows an Integrated Hybrid Problem-Based Learning Curriculum. The 5-year programme consists of two contiguous phases: Phase I or Pre-clinical (Years 1 to 2) and Phase II or Clinical (Years 3 to 5). In Phase I, the emphasis is on basic sciences with early clinical exposure; Phase II focuses on the clinical sciences integrated with the applied aspects of basic and laboratory sciences.
The Multidiscipline Laboratories, Anatomy and Pathology Resource Room and Dissection Hall provide the state-of-the-art facilities for students to perform their practical sessions.
The Faculty is proud to have highly-experienced, dedicated academic and non-academic staff members who are ever willing to guide and assist students.
Upon successful completion of this programme, our graduates would have acquired sufficient knowledge; developed essential competencies and imbibed the correct professional attitudes to function as effective primary healthcare providers. They would have also gained the training, motivation and life-long learning skills that they need to conduct research and prepare for postgraduate training in their fields of interest.
The faculty will achieve its vision through prudent fiscal policies and a mission-oriented approach that includes the following key elements:
- To provide the sustainable academic infrastructure that enables students to pursue medical education through an accredited medical curriculum;
- To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, skilful and holistic in their approach to clinical medicine and competent enough to undertake training as house officers;
- To produce graduates capable of appreciating the socio-psychological, cultural, economic, religious and environmental factors affecting health and illness that will enable them to discharge their professional responsibilities;
- To train students effectively in evidence-based medicine and instil in them an aptitude for lifelong learning and research; and
- To develop postgraduate studies and research to meet national and regional aspirations in the medical and healthcare fields
Our diverse and vibrant community is dedicated to intellectual discovery, to making knowledge matter in the world, and to helping students reach their highest potential. In our technology-driven and ever-changing era, developing and fostering the skills that make us human -creativity, critical thinking, empathy, communication and cultural understanding – are valued regardless of what career path you choose. The Social Sciences teach us to understand the world we inhabit and offer us the knowledge and insight to imagine different futures.
Our curriculum and our faculty provide diverse perspectives to shape students minds and actions while increasing awareness in the pursuit of academic excellence, as they prepare for a 21st-century career. Our students seek to understand the nature of people and society, unlocking new data that holds a mirror up to the world. By pushing the boundaries of our understanding of what it means to be human, our students give a voice to communities that traditionally haven’t had one and shine a light on the blind spots within our society. We offer interdisciplinary pathways that will give you the practical tools you need to make a positive impact on your community, and beyond.
At the Faculty of Social Sciences, our educational philosophy is underpinned by five pillars -namely experts, experiential learning, engagement, enrichment and excellence
Fully Accredited – MQA/FA/3618
Pharmacy is an evolving profession with a major shift towards patient care, where the pharmacist’s role is in pharmacotherapy and the ensuring of the achievement of therapeutic end-points. We at QIU envision our graduates to be prepared for pharmacy practice in the industry, which includes pharmaceutical quality assurance, community pharmacy, research and development of drugs and pharmacy management.
The Bachelor of Pharmacy programme at (QIU) has been fully accredited for the maximum five-year period by the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
During this accreditation, we excelled in 10 areas of good practice, including Vision, Mission and Goals; Curriculum Design and Delivery; Educational Programme; Student Selection and Student Support Services; Teaching and Academic staff; Educational Resources; Programme Monitoring and Review; Leadership; Governance and Administration; Total Continuous Quality Improvement; and Self-critique and Outcome Measures.
Our innovative programme infuses real-world experience from Year 1 of the programme, unlike traditional programmes where exposure to practice aspects come in the later years of the programme. This experiential learning covers the three main tenets of pharmacy practice – clinical pharmacy, industrial pharmacy, and community pharmacy.
Pharmacists working in hospitals and clinical environments interact with medical doctors and see the same patients as their medical counterparts. In line with this, Pharmacy students in QIU take basic medical science courses i.e. anatomy, physiology, pathology, biochemistry, microbiology and immunology conducted by experts from the Faculty of Medicine- which are the same courses taken by QIU’s medical students
Student-centred learning is highly-emphasised throughout QIU’s Pharmacy programme. We prepare our students to master communication skills, teamwork, leadership skills, presentation skills, confidence building, time management and evidence-based learning.
- To prepare the students through a balanced programme of education to practice in hospitals and health centres, providing high quality pharmaceutical care; in the pharmaceutical industry in ensuring quality of medicines and in the community pharmacy in providing primary healthcare.
- To nurture IT-proficient and committed pharmacy professionals.
- To train knowledgeable pharmacists for effective communication with other healthcare professionals for the betterment of patients.
- To inculcate high ethical standards and a “serve the community” mentality within pharmacy graduates.
- To be committed towards training and capacity building of faculty and staff for attaining high standards of teaching and research excellence.
- To inculcate a life-long learning mind-set.
The Centre for Graduate Studies and Research was established in May 2015. The Centre comprised of two units namely Research Management Unit and Graduate Studies Unit. Beginning 1st March 2018, Centre for Graduate Studies and Research has been renamed to Centre for Research and Innovation (CRI). The Centre is aimed at enhancing and strengthening the current research management system by intensifying R&D efforts in order to improve productivity and efficiency, so as to produce quality research findings and outputs in line with QIU’s vision of being a research-led University. The Centre is the core support system which helps ease and enhance the postgraduate experience for QIU students.
Facilitating, enhancing and strengthening the University’s research culture and environment in moving towards excellence in research and world class recognition by
- Planning and implementing relevant policies to strengthen the research led vision and mission of the University;
- Promoting and inculcating active research participation of all academic staff for the generation and dissemination of impactful output;
- Assisting and promoting postgraduate studies in the University;
- Monitoring research performance and postgraduate studies in the University;
- Setting up Centres of Research in strategic and high impact research areas; and
- Establishing collaborations, synergistic and strategic partnerships internationally and with both the local public and private sectors.
Established : 2008
Staff : NIL
Students : NIL
Faculty of Business Management
Faculty of Science Technology
Faculty of Medicine
Faculty of Social Sciences
Faculty of Pharmacy
Centre of Research and Innovation (CRI)
School of Law
Foundation & Pre-University programmes
Aberystwyth University, Wales, United Kingdom
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Copthorne Hotel, Cameron Highlands
Faculty of Business, Economics and Accountancy, University Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
Prana Resort Nandana, Koh Samui, Thailand
Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Damai Laut, Lumut, Perak
Syuen Hotel, Ipoh, Perak
The Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia
Academic Cooperation with University of Malaya (UM)
Polyware Sdn Bhd, Ipoh, Perak
Multimedia University (MMU)
TS Agriculture Products Sdn Bhd, Cameron Highlands
Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute (MARDI)
Regent University College of Science and Technology (RUCST), Ghana
Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
University of Malaya (UM)
QuinPharm (M) Sdn Bhd
Home For The Aged (Kg Simee)
Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia
Ministry of Health, Malaysia
Nugrahan Sdn Bhd